Directions to VILLA TROPICAL from Aguadilla/Ramey
Shacks Beach, Barrio Bajuras (pronounced “bahooras”), Isabela, PR
The airport at Ramey is known by four different names: Ramey, Rafael Hernandez, Aguadilla, and Borinquen. If you’re making reservations, its international airport call letters are BQN. At present it is serviced by Continental form Newark, By Spirit Airlines form Fort Lauderdale and By Jet Blue from JFK and Orlando. There are several rental car companies located at the airport: Avis (800-331-1212); Budget (787-890-1110); & Hertz (800-654-3131; 809-890-5650). USAVE is located near by and will pick you up if you prearrange with them (787-890-3010; 888-409-7368) USAVE will rent to people 21 & over and offers a 10%discount to customers of Villa Tropical; Budget is 23 & over. Make arrangements ahead because they’ll be closed when you arrive at 2am
- As you exit the airport, take a right. Follow the road, keeping the airport fence on your right. You’ll make a left turn, then a right turn, then a left turn, then a right turn.
- That road takes you out of Ramey’s “Gate 5” & becomes Route 110. Turn Right at the intersection where on your left you will find the Ramey Food Market and Bye Bye Brazil gift shop. You will drive a curvy road through the Gate where on your left you will pass the “Aguatica Dive Shop.” On your right is a Gas Station. Continue on 110 East.
- There is a brand new Econo grocery store on your right. This is the closest supplies store to your apartment and they are very well equipped and have many specialty foods and items you may need for your stay at Villa Tropical.
- Take Route 110 another 2 miles passed the Econo Supermarket. After you go around a long right curve, you’ll hit Route 4466. There’s a blinking yellow traffic light in the center of the intersection and the restaurant Brisas del Atlantico is on the SW corner.
- Make a left onto Route 4466. Follow Route 4466 straight, down to the bottom of the winding hill & take the very first Left Turn possible. It is right at the bottom of the hill, before you pass any buildings. There are signs for Villa Tropical, Tropical Trail Rides, Ola Lola’s and Villa Montaña at the turn. Make a Left Turn and drive the grassy entrance to Bajuras Blvd. Turn Left at the post office boxes and drive pass Ola Lola’s Garden Bar….(or stop to refuel cause you’re walking distance to home now). Follow the “Villa Tropical” signs. They are high up on utility poles. You come to an intersection where there are signs showing Tropical Trail Rides and Villa Montaña to the left and Bamboo Art and Villa Tropical to the RIGHT. Turn Right. Follow the road until it dead ends (about 100 yards) and Turn Left After the turn, we are the 4th building on the right. You will see three palm trees painted on the entrance wall. Turn Right into the parking lot and you will see the General Manager’s Office. If you get lost, call 787-872-7172.